Happy New Year! Excuse the Christmas packaging, but I’m a little late on posting this. Couldn’t let it slip by though – this would be a delicious addition to your party tables tonight. They’re quick, easy and fall right in line with everybody’s mindset of staving off sweets after the holiday over-indulgences. You can make these for the party or package them up to give to your friends to start off the new year. Enjoy!
Spiced Nuts (adapted from the recipe found at JaxHouse.com)
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 40 oz. mixed nuts (I bought in bulk at my local Sprouts market)
- Heat oven to 300°.
- Beat the egg white until nice and foamy. Mix in all spices. Add nuts and stir to coat.
- Bake nuts in a single layer on an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, pull ’em out and give ’em a stir.
- Reduce heat to 250° and bake for another 20 minutes
- Let nuts cool completely and store for up to two weeks.