If you need a quick treat to bring to your Halloween Party tonight, whip up a batch of these! They are so easy and so quick, it’s almost criminal posting this here as some sort of triumph. Seriously, they’re cheap, fast and they look — and taste — awesome!
This is all you need:
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 1 bag (about 6 cups) popped microwave popcorn
- 3/4 cups candy corn
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
To make the the Candy Corn Popcorn Balls, follow these simple instructions (adapted from this recipe at about.com)
- Pop popcorn, remove all kernels, and place in large bowl. Add the candy corn to the bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave (approx 30 seconds).
- Add marshmallows, microwave for 1 minute more.
- Add vanilla extract and salt, mix together until ingredients are smooth and creamy.
- Pour over popcorn/candy mix, and stir until everything looks coated and mixed well.
- Wait 5 minutes for marshmallow mixture to cool.
- After the mixture has cooled a bit, spray your hands with non stick cooking spray and form balls in your hands. Be sure to pack them tightly — if the candy/popcorn is not packed tightly, the balls will fall apart.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or aluminum foil sprayed with non-stick spray) to cool and harden to room temperature.
*Makes about 6 popcorn balls
I think these took about 15 minutes total to make. I can’t wait to try them again during other holidays with different types of candy. I tripled the above recipe and made approx. 20 popcorn balls.